Hyde Park Caption Competition
5 Headstand Facts You Didn’t Know
Once again it’s Caption Time!
This Week’s picture has been kindly supplied by Sorucis. As you can see, everyone in the park is standing on their heads. Could this be a Craze? You tell me!
What you never knew about headstands
Here are 5 Headstand Facts that may interst you. You can even try out some of the options in the 5 Headstand Facts yourself.
1. A headstand is good for your health
a. Relieve Stress (This posture is extremely helpful if you are having anxiety, stress, fear or otherwise worrisome thoughts)
b. Increase Focus (When you turn upside down, you are increasing the blood flow to your brain. This helps improve mental function, and increase you sense of focus.)
c. Improve Blood Flow To The Eyes (When you turn upside down , you send extra oxygen and nutrient rich blood to the head, and that means more will be getting to your eyes. This can help to prevent macular degeneration and other eye issues.), Increase Blood Flow To The Head And Scalp
d. Grow Hair (The nutrients flow to your head and scalp and deliver extra nutrients and oxygen to your scalp, thereby improving nutrient delivery to your hair follicles)
e. Strengthens Shoulders And Arms (The exhertion of a headstand means you will be pushing down into the ground with your forearms, utilizing the strength of your arms, shoulders and back to keep the pressure off of your head and neck.)
f. Improve Digestion (When you allow the effects of gravity to be reversed on your digestive organs, you will help to move stuck material, release trapped gases, as well as improve blood flow to the all important digestive organs — increasing nutrient absorption and delivery to your cells.)
g. Flush Out The Adrenal Glands (Being upside-down squeezes your adrenal glands, which are responsible for the production of those so-called stress hormones. The cleaner your adrenal glands are, the more optimal they will function.)
h. Decrease Fluid Build-Up In The Legs, Ankles, And Feet (When sitting you get a lot of blood to the bottomof your body. Edema in the legs is no fun, and it can happen if you tend to spend long hours on your feet too. Reversing the effects of gravity on your bodily fluids will help to flush out built up water in the legs, relieving the uncomfortable feeling of edema.)
i. Develops Strength In Your Muscles (You need strength to hold your legs up and keep your balance throughout the pose. Having a strong body makes you more durable and less prone to injury, and in life overall.)
j. Stimulates The Lymphatic System (Your lymph system is a network of nodes filled with fluid. It help to remove waste products from your blood. When you flip onto your head you stimulate your lymphatic system and help to remove toxins from your body.)
2. A headstand can thicken hair and even turn grey hair back. It delays the onset of gray hair because of the increase in blood supply and nutrients to the hair follicles in the scalp.
3. A Headstand can improve your sex life. Headstands provide fresh blood to the pituitary and hypothalamus glands. Because they regulate the functioning of all the other glands in the body including the sexual hormones, headstands can help your sex life.
4. A headstand freeze is a break dancing move where you have the option of having both of your hands on the ground if you’re not comfortable with only one hand or no hands.
5. In fishing, a Headstand Carp Fly was designed to ride hook up, making for better hook sets and more life like appeal.
It looks like the 5 Headstand Facts turned into 15 Headstand Facts! There’s a lot we didn’t know about handstands. After reading this, I expect you will now be doing a handstand every day.