Bowling and Bingo in Second Life London
We all love Mecca bingo (well us Brits do), so Bigga and Jason thought ‘let’s have bingo in Second Life London’! Bingo rules the life of many Brit so why not play it here too?
Along with Bingo, we love Bowling and Slot Machines – these are the amusements of our windy, rainy summer holidays at places like Bognor, Bournemouth, Southend, Scarborough and Blackpool.
What is Bingo?
As you already know, Bingo’s a game Brits are passionate about. It’s said to have begun in Italy in the 1500s and then travelled to France, Great Britain, and other parts of Europe in the 1700s. Players get a card with some random numbers on it from a fixed range of numbers. In AutoBingo the card has 24 numbers on it.
The aim of the game is to fill a straight line of numbers. You do this by waiting for each number to be called out in turn and when any of your numbers come up, mark them off. If you get a straight line – you’re a winner. It can’t be easier!
Traditionally British Bingo uses the numbers 1-90 while the US only uses 1-75. The cards have some of these numbers on them – but not all of them. You mark off the numbers on your card as they’re randomly chosen and called out.
In Italy Bingo was called ‘Il Gioco del Lotto d’Italia’. In Frhance it was ‘Le Lotto’ and was played by French aristocracy. In Germany it was called ‘Tombola’ and was used to teach children multiplication tables, spelling, and even history. In Knightsbridge ‘Auto BINGO’ is the name of the game we play.
Bingo adds romance to the game with double chairs. You can smooch and play at the same time so have the best of both worlds when playing Bingo in Knightsbridge.
How to Play Auto Bingo
1. Touch the Bingo Board for a Folder that contains an “AutoBINGO!!Card”.
2. Wear the card and wait for the game to start.
3. Checkout the start time because the game will start automatically at the scheduled time (The time displayed uses SL time).
4. When a new number is rolled you’ll see green text in chat – follow that chat. You’ll also see a ball rolling down the chute in the colour of the number.
5. If any of your numbers have been called, you’ll see that number flashing on your board – click the number to ‘mark’ it off on your card.
6. First to get a row is a winner – there are more than one winners, so you may still be a winner even if someone else has already won!