▷ Welcome to Original London in Second Life (inSL) ◁
▷ In Second Life since 2006 ◁
★ Original London inSL was featured by BBC2 and is the leading British Community in Second Life
☆ Our Community has over 80,000 people. Check us out at: www.virtuallondons.com
★ To contact us email: email@example.com
London is based on real life locations in the UK Capital. Hangouts, entertainment, learning experiences, homes and shops are all here for your pleasure. We sincerely hope you enjoy London and become part of its community. Enjoy the sights, facilities, venues and stores located in each of the Regions: London England UK (known locally as Hyde Park), London Mayfair, and Knightsbridge.
! WELCOME TO LONDON !
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the London Covenant below so you can enjoy these regions to their full.
☻ Tourist attractions as in real life
☻ Real World London sims
☻ Good behaviour, politeness and respect for others are encouraged
☻ Thriving community. London is a residential zone
☻ Fine residences mimic real life London homes. To find a home here, contact a London Manager
☻ London shopping areas are full of top manufacturers and merchandise
☻ Shopping includes famous streets like Park Lane, Bond Street, Oxford Street and Piccadilly with unique replicas of real life buildings. For retail space here, contact a London Manager
☻ Social and Entertainment. There is plenty to do for all and an event schedule can be seen on the web site http://www.virtuallondons.com/events-schedules/
☻ Hyde Park is a recreation and meeting area. You’ll also find great clubs and pubs around London. If you want to bring your group or society to London, contact a London Manager.
NOTE: By coming to this private estate, you agree to the rules of this region, regardless of whether you read them or not. Ignorance is not an acceptable excuse. Warnings may or may not be given – although Guardians will make every effort to give a warning to those who disobey the rules. London reserves the right to change these rules as it sees fit – without warning or any other kind of notification. It is your responsibility to keep up with the covenant and guidelines.
(Guide for Good Behaviour)
01. Show all visitors respect, without these people London would not be here
02. Show staff respect. Without these people London would not be here
03. Respect others visiting the London Estate. Griefing, and bullying is not allowed and results in immediate action being taken. A warning will be given and you will be removed from the estate.
04. Hateful behaviours are not allowed and include physical, verbal, sexual, ethnic and racial harassment. These are criminal acts in the real world and will be treated as such by removal from the Estate. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incitement_to_ethnic_or_racial_hatred
05. Role play (such as vampires) that affect non-players is not allowed and players will be expelled.
In order to ensure that everyone visiting the London regions has a pleasant and fulfilling experience, here are the Estate wide covenant guidelines:
06. Obey the sim Rating (Moderate). No adult activities or content allowed in public areas. If you do this, you will be warned and ejected.
07. Language and manners. Conversations that are explicitly sexual, or involve violence are not allowed. They come under Adult maturity rating and are not allowed on Mature sims. The rules cover both typed chat and voice, there is no difference. Communication is communication. If you do this, you will be warned and ejected.
08. No excessive swearing in public areas. Excessive means deliberately swearing AT someone in order to start an argument. If you do this, you will be warned and ejected.
09. Behaviour that is deliberately rude or bullying is not allowed. Examples: voice or over mic (farting, burping, humming, singing, playing music or another sound knowingly done over mic); avatar movement (bumping, pushing, blocking); chat (spam, rude personal comments, posting URL in local). If you do this, you will be warned and ejected.
10. If you are asked to close your open mic because of background noise, this is not a request and you should consider that someone is saving you from further embarrassment. If you do this, you will be warned and ejected.
11. Trolling is not tolerated. This includes deliberate harassment, intimidation, abusive and offensive behaviour, either directed at someone or behaviour in general. If you do this, you will be warned and ejected.
12. Singing and playing music over mic in hubs is not allowed. Although it would be great to hear you in SPEAKERS CORNER or the EVENTS FIELD.
13. Drawn Weapons, Scripted or otherwise are considered aggressive. Please keep weapons holstered. You will be warned. If you ignore the warning or are abusive to the person who warns you, you will be ejected and possibly banned too.
14. London residents are all owed to drive their vehicles in London. Please keep to the roads. (See Resident Guidelines)
15. Extra-large Avatars/Large Attachments can cause lag. If asked to remove them, please do so.
16. Particle spamming can crash computers so are not allowed. A warning will be given. If you ignore the warning or are abusive to the person who warns you, you will be ejected and possibly banned.
17. Things like politics, religion or use of intoxicating substances must be taken to SPEAKERS CORNER. The Hub is not the place for these discussions.
18. London is a Moderate Estate – under 18’s are not allowed in the sims (for their own safety) and will be reported to Linden Lab.
19. Spy devices for chat spying are not allowed. Their use means you will be ejected and possibly banned.
20. Begging, hawking, unauthorized advertising and soliciting are not acceptable and you will be removed if you do not heed the warning. Ad boards are available to rent so please advertise there.
21. Littering and lagging or crashing regions is treated as Griefing and you will be ejected and banned.
22. Staff and owners of the London Regions follow these guidelines. In cases where they feel a visitors’ presence damages London, they will remove avatars and/or property at any time and for any reason, without warning.
23. Machinima, video, or photos of London are subject to Linden Lab Terms Of Service: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Snapshot_and_machinima_policy. We are delighted that you may want to use London for your media, but please inform management if you wish to video or photograph London in and out of Second Life. (your work may also be promoted if management likes it!)
The following guidelines are in place for all residential tenants.
01. Access Line are only allowed in mansions.
02. It’s good to see you decorate your home. Please keep the outside true to the London theme. You may be asked to remove exterior decorations if they do not fit into the theme.
03. Rent must be paid on time as the demand for property is high. If you cannot pay on time, please contact management who will help you.
04. You will get a warning when your rent runs low (unless you choose to turn this off). You are responsible for making sure it does not run out. If it runs out, your objects may be returned automatically.
05. Please rez objects on your parcel only. Do not rez on the streets or in venues. (If you wish to drive on the roads, please rez your car inside your own parcel and remove it when you have finished driving)
06. To avoid lag, please stay within your prim count. Excessive scripts, vendors/objects that constantly listen or that use sensors add to lag, so try to avoid them too.
07. If you keep textures to 256×256 pixels, that helps stop lag and load time.
08. Commercial activity is only allowed in commercial areas.
09. Scripted animals or breedables cause lag so are not allowed unless management gives permission.
10. London Residents is the land group provided for your home. Residents do not need their own land rez group.
11. Land cannot be resold or purchased by tenants.
12. No skyboxes, building platforms, or anything that hinders the sky view of our regions. You must contact a manager before you build such items or they will be returned to you.
The following guidelines are in place for all commercial tenants.
Please note that we do not involve ourselves in the policies of resell brands. If a store is contravening a policy of a reseller, it is up to you to raise the issue with the person who owns the brand
Refunds will not be given for lease termination and tenants may be removed for the following reasons and any other that is felt by management to be detrimental to the London community.
– Violation of Covenant
– Inappropriate Behaviour
– Abandonment. Your space will be considered abandoned if you leave it empty for a period of 8 days without notice to the Region Manager.
– Any other appropriate reason as determined by management of the London Estates.
The London regions are not responsible for the condition of returned items, or inventory losses on the region.
As region stability and server stability is not within the control of the London group, they cannot provide uptime guarantees.
As a resident, you are required to abide by not only the Terms of Service from Linden Labs, but also by the community standards set forth by the London Estate.
Violators of any of the above will be immediately reported to Linden Labs.
Thank you for looking into London Estate and we hope that you enjoy your stay!
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the London Covenant, so you as a visitor can enjoy these regions to the fullest.
All bans are carried out as per the London Covenant. If you have been banned, you can personally request to be notified as to the length of the ban. If you wish to know the reason for your (or anyone’s) ban you will be referred to the London Covenant. (see above)
© 2017 Virtual London News | Popular London Community Active for 10 Years!