This is a set of instructions to follow to enable you to embed a Flickr picture into a Blogger post like in the pictures below.
All pictures in this post were embedded using this method.
NOTE: this is just one way to do this – the other way means getting into the HTML code (more complicated)
1. [FLICKR] Find the picture you want to insert from Flickr e.g. I chose this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sllondon/10168920326/
2. [BLOGGER] Go to your blogger post and open it up for editing
3. [BLOGGER] Make sure you have the 2 tabs in your browser open – Flickr and Blogger
4. [BLOGGER] Go to the location in your Blogger post where you want to put the picture in
5. [BLOGGER] Click on the ‘picture’ on the toolbar at the top
6. [BLOGGER] The Select a file pop-out appears
7. [BLOGGER] Go to ‘From a URL’ at the bottom of the list and click in the box next to ‘Paste an Image URL here:’
8. [FLICKR] Go to your flickr page – at the bottom right of your picture are 3 icons – a star, a speech bubble and a box with an arrow coming out of it
9. [FLICKR] Click on the box with the arrow – you get a pop up with a lot of options then ‘grab the HTML/BBCode’ (size etc doesn’t matter because you will be removing most of the detail)
11. [BLOGGER] From this code you you only need the part that starts http://farm… so remove the rest of the code
e.g. I stripped the code out from the above and ended up with this code http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8124/10168920326_112cb5543c_z.jpg that tells me where the picture is stored and saved online
12. [BLOGGER] Paste the http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8124/10168920326_112cb5543c_z.jpg part into the box which says ‘Paste an image URL here:’
13. [BLOGGER] When you have done this, click ‘add selected’ it should now have inserted the picture into your blog post
FOOTNOTE: This Blog Post was filled with picture using this method.