DX Exchange has been our partner for a number of years now. You may have seen their ATMs around London. If you ever need money, DX ATMs are the best way to get money into Second Life.
Recently DX Exchange opened a new outlet in Mayfair and to celebrate this event, We commissioned Kiyoshi to build an appropriate store that reflects the style of Bond Street and incorporates the no-nonsense practicality of DX.
I caught up with DX manager Olivia DX when she came to inspect the new build and took this opportunity to ask her a few questions about herself and DX Exchange.
About DX Exchange
1. What inspired you to join DX?
To have contact with People from all different countries and explore Second Life in another way than just hopping around.
2. How many people work for DX Exchange?
At this moment 5 real life staff and about 25 in-world staff.
3. What makes DX Exchange unique?
Because of the service we offer. We try to be online as much as possible so people can Instant Message (IM) one of us when there are problems or questions. We also have an in-world staff from all different countries to support our clients. Even with all the struggle we had last years we survive because people are loyal to us, we are working in Secondlife since 2006 and are still growing.
4. Tell us about DX Exchange, what were your aims and goals in Second Life for
DX started when some people could`t buy Linden Dollars because they didn’t have a credit-card, so our founder bought lindens with his Credit-card for people who didn’t have a credit-card and charged a small fee, and it kept growing…
So he started an Exchange and expanded his services to other countries as well, since then we have become one of the Biggest exchanges in Second life.
5. How long have you worked with DX Exchange in Second Life ?
I work for DX since 2007. I started as an agent for DX in the end of 2007. I have a Real life contract since the end of 2009
6. We are thrilled to have DX Exchange in London’s Mayfair as well as Knightsbridge! What about Mayfair that interested you to set up a shop here ?
The Mayfair Sim looks very awesome and has some nice spots for people to gather around and one of the important things is that you have a newbie area, and thats the public we want to attract to DX.
7. What are your future plans for DX Exchange? Any exciting or new products
Wel since a few weeks we have our own DXmobile app in the Itunes store. This app makes it easier to buy lindens with your Iphone.
Also when people join the friend page they can earn 2% of the turnover that a friend makes, throughout the whole of their SL life!
Unfortunately this is only available in Dutch at present, but we will expand in other languages as well in the near future. And make it available for android users.
We are also busy with a project for the new people in Second life. Our goal is to get more people to Second Life, so they will enjoy it as much as we do!
1. How long have you been in Second Life?
I created my first avatar in December 2006.
2. What made you first join Second Life?
A good friend of mine told me about Second life and I got curious about this great 2nd life and I am addicted to it since the first moment I arrived here.
3. What are some of the strangest things you have experienced or seen in Second Life?
That people want to be different from what they are in ‘Real’ life. Second life has no limits so the strangest things happen around here. One of the most things I like in here is that people either like you or do not like you because of who you are and not by the way you look.
4. Other than working for DX Exchange in Second Life, what are some other things you do while you are in Second Life?
I love to shop, explore, visit live music venues and go to all different places to meet people from all over the world.
5. If you could invite anyone from RL into SL, who would it be?
All my RL friends so I can chat with them more often and the rest of the RL (Real Life) people so they can explore this great 2nd life also.