Seeing Green Trivia
Green Room Trivia with DJ LB
Today LB hit the decks at The Green Room and in spite of his claim for man-flu he played a great set. Loads of nostalgia and cheese – just the way we love it on a Sunday night!
LB is already a known radio DJ so we were delighted with his presence in the Green Room today.
Roach was also entertaining us with a Trivia competition that seemed to have a vampire theme. Most of the questions were answered quickly, so there was a pretty clued up bunch in the Green Room tonight.
Trivia got me thinking. What about Green? What green trivia is there about the colour green?
Green is the word given to people who are new to things, it’s also given when people are envious or jealous. It’s also become used to mean someone who has an interest in the environment. So calling someone ‘green’ depends on many things.
The colour green brings out strong emotions in people. Green is an emotionally positive colour. It is calming, restful, soothing, cheerful, and health-giving, which is why you often see hospitals dressed in green. It can also help to improve vision and is used as an indicator of safety when advertising medicines and drugs.
Symbolically green symbolizes nature and the natural world and is thought to be the colour of balance and harmony. Things associated with green are life, freshness, growth, harmony and fertility.
5 unusual facts about green
Did you know?
1. The word green is closely related to the Old English verb growan “to grow” and was first recorded as a colour name in English in 700.
2. Andy Warhol refused to wear underpants in any colour other than green.
3. Chlorophyll has a single magnesium atom at the centre of its molecule that absorbs both high-energy violet light and low-energy red light, making the reflected light appear green.
4. In America a Green Card, or Alien Registration Receipt Card, Form I-151 or I-551, is currently white.
5. There is no such thing as a green mammal. Green is a perfectly common colour for birds, reptiles, fish and insects but there are no green mammals at all.